Rustic 6 Bottle Wine Rack

This post is a project dedicated to Matthew!  He built this great 6 bottle rustic wine rack for our house. 




This project started after feeling annoyed with a cheap wine rack I currently housed on our counter.  I purchased an awesome old bottle crate from a sale the same weekend and needed to free up some space on my counter to turn my crate into a spice rack. 

I didn't need anything extravagant that can hold 50 bottles of wine, I just needed it to be cute! My grandpa had some Texas Cedar wood left over from a project he worked on for my uncle and I was dieing to have all the left over pieces.  It had the perfect amount of knots in it and smells absolutely amazing.  

The wine rack holds 6 bottles of wine and 4 burgundy wine glasses or white wine glasses.  I enjoy drinking more red wine so I opted to house my burgundy wine glasses in the holder.  I registered for these for our wedding from Pottery Barn, thinking they were red wine glasses.  Who knew they make an even larger size than red wine glasses!  I don't drink burgundy wine but red wine works just as well!  Either way, I love the way they look.  



Cedar wood smells great and looked absolutely perfect within any polyurethane so I opted to keep the wood bare.  I've had it in the house for a couple months now and we get multiple compliments from people who come in.

I have this item on my Etsy page but there are multiple ways to customize this to your house.  There are many different wood choices and stain options to match the decor in your home.  

If you'd like suggestions or want to purchase a wine rack for your home please connect with me at theeventfulday@gmail.com.    

No comments:

Post a Comment