I wanted to make a treat that had peanut butter in it, because I know she loves it. I found a few different recipes and decided to combine a few...I used this jar I had burnt a candle in before...I love how cute it is and when the puppies gone I can reuse it!
Here's the recipe.
Preheat oven: 350 degrees
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (you can use another type of flour if your dog is sensitive to wheat)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, chunky or smooth (I used smooth this time)
- 1 1/4 cups hot water
- Combine dry ingredients
- Mix in peanut butter and hot water
- If mixture is too sticky you can add more flour.
- Roll out dough to 1/4 inch onto cutting board and get out your favorite cookie cutter (or I used a lid to one of my spice bottles)
- Place on cookie sheet and cookie 30 minutes, don't under cook the treats but also don't burn them!
- Let the treats cool and then place them in your favorite jar!