Banana Bars!

This past Thursday we got 12.5 inches of snow and I had a full house with my parents and little sister. So, being snowed in I decided to make just one more Christmas dessert to bring to my grandparents this weekend. Everyone has a "famous" recipe they are known for, or their spouse loves. Mine are banana bars and chocolate cookies, Matthew always asks for them!




I can't take credit for the recipe, I got it from my step-mom who I learned to make it from. For Christmas I put some green dye in the cream cheese frosting and topped with just a little bit of sprinkles. If you want a super easy recipe to make that everyone will love, here it is! 

Recipe:
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup sour cream 
1 stick butter softened 
2 eggs 

Mix together then add the following:

3 large smashed bananas ( I like to use ones that are really ripe and very brown. They aren't as clumpy in the batter) 
2 tsp vanilla 
2 cups flour 
1 tsp salt (I never use a whole tsp, I use 1/4 if that) 
1 tsp baking soda 
Chopped pecans/walnuts ( I never use because my husband doesn't like them) 

Put in greased or floured jelly roll pan (I use the Pampered Chef large bar pan-I like the bars thinner rather than thicker) 

Bake 20-25 minutes @ 350 degrees. 

Wait until it is completely cool then add your favorite cream cheese frosting! 

Merry Christmas! 


No comments:

Post a Comment