Rustic Chic Bridal Shower

This past weekend I was so blessed to be able to throw a bridal shower for one of my longest friends!  We met in 5th grade and we have been best friends ever since.  I am so truly blessed to have her as a friend and can't wait to see her get married in April! 

The theme for the wedding was rustic chic with simplicity.  We didn't have a lot of room for decorations but wanted the party to feel warm and inviting.  We hosted the shower at a coffee shop in our home town.  It had a balcony with a fireplace, couches and a few tables and attached was the "conference room".  I loved the space and loved the chairs and tables were of higher quality, making it easier not to have to cover up the chairs with more decorations.  I hope you enjoy!


For the entry of the "Conference Room" I wanted to make it feel inviting and warm.  I had all of this stuff laying around at home (okay, my mom and step mom did!).  The flowers are made from burlap and fabric, they are beautiful!!  My mom had cutdown sme leaves from her pine

For the centerpieces on the tables I placed burlap down the center with vintage vases that held babies breath.  I also broke it up with mason jars I had purchased from Pottery Barn.  These were filled with water and held a votive candle. 
 
Here is the sign I made for the shower!  Since this was the first thing you saw when you walked into the room I wanted to make sure the wall had something to use for decoration.  It worked great!
 


It also made for a great backdrop for a group photo with the bride. 

I used mason jars for drinking glasses and wrapped them with lace.  It was simple and chic. 

I loved the tables and chairs in this conference room.  It made it very easy to decorate without having to go overboard. 

For the "wedding advice"  I wanted to be creative and since Christmas is just around the corner it gave me a little inspiration to use silver ornaments for the bride.  They were able to write their advice on the ornament with a black marker and now the newlyweds will have special ornaments for their tree!
 
I placed more babies  breath in a mason jar by the food and to the left of the picture you can see I used a hay bale to place food on. 
 
 
Another view of the table decorations.


For date night ideas for the bride and groom I purchased rocks from T.J.Maxx and bought white fine tip pens from Hobby Lobby.  The idea was to write a date night on them then place it in the jar.  When the bride and groom want to have a date night they pull from the glass jar.  It can be used as decoration in the house as well!


Here is a picture of an old watering can I used to placed flowers in and set by the willow branches.  I love white flowers and it went with the rustic them for the shower!
 
The bride's sister made this poster to place pictures on, which we used to "Guess The Age of the Bride!" We placed it right in front of the fireplace.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful blog! Loved entire preparations and will use some of your ideas in planning my niece’s bridal shower. Will be throwing it at one of event venues as mine was also arranged there. This rustic theme will be perfect for the day.

    ReplyDelete